By Shahnaz Husain |
Updated: Oct 25, 2018 16:30 IST
New Delhi [India], Oct 25 (ANI): Karva Chauth, a special occasion dedicated to married women, is just around the corner.
It is considered to be one of the most sacred traditions married Hindu women, who observe fast from sunrise to moonrise for long life, prosperity and well-being of their spouse. The day starts early before dawn with prayers and a light meal, offered by the mother-in-law in the form of Sargi.
Inspite of being on a day long fast, the womenfolk pull out the best of dresses, ornaments and accessories for the religious rituals.
This Karva Chauth, women can go for tried and tested herbal beauty ideas, instead of opting for costly treatments in the salon.
Here are some tips by beauty expert Shahnaz Husain:
– Make a mask at home with two teaspoons wheat bran (choker), one teaspoon each of ground almonds, curd, honey and rose water. Mix everything together into a paste and apply on the face, avoiding the lips and area around the eyes. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
– For a ‘quick fix’ pack, mix honey with egg white and apply it on the face. Wash off with water after 20 minutes.
– For dull and tired eyes, dip cotton wool pads in rose water and use as eye pads over closed lids. Lie down and relax while the mask dries. It helps to remove fatigue and brighten the eyes. The fragrance of rose has a calming effect on the mind.
– Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey with one egg. Beat them together and massage the mixture lightly onto the scalp. Wrap the hair in a hot towel for 20 minutes before washing. Your hair will have more body and look shiny and manageable.
– If you have oily hair, a tea water and lemon rinse will add shine to your locks. To make it, boil used tea leaves in enough water. After boiling, you should have about 5 to 6 cups of tea-water. Let it cool and then strain it. After that, add the juice of a lemon and use it as a last rinse after shampoo.
Not just home remedies, Husain also has some make-up tips in store to make you look your best this Karva Chauth.
– First, cleanse the skin and apply a liquid moisturiser. For oily skin, apply an astringent lotion. Cover blemishes with a concealer before applying the foundation. To conceal acne pits (tiny holes in the skin, left by acne), take a little concealer at the end of a cotton bud and fill the pit with it.
– For this special day, you can opt for a gold foundation. Dot the face with it and blend with a moist sponge. Lightly dust golden tinted powder to set the foundation. Highlight the cheeks with a blusher, blending well, so that it gives the face a natural glow.
– Outline the eyes with kajal or dark eye pencil. Apply it to the upper lid and smooth out with cotton bud. Gently blend a line of kajal or eye pencil on the lower lid. Then apply mascara.
– For the lips, you can go for variant shades red. Use a lip liner of the same colour as your lipstick. Apply gloss on top of the colour, unless you prefer the matte look. If you don’t want to use bright red, go for shades like brick red, cherry, rose, plum, wine, burgundy or dark pink.
– Bindi is an integral part of the make-up for Karva Chauth. Look for a decorative bindi to match the colour of your dress. A bindi, studded with small sparkling stones, combined with a bright colour would look the most attractive. (ANI)