Updated: Mar 15, 2019 23:08 IST
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], March 15 (ANI): A bereaved father, who lost his son in the Mumbai foot over bridge collapse, demanded that people responsible for the tragedy must be brought to book.
Talking to ANI, Siraj Khan, father of Zahid Khan who fell prey to the ghastly bridge collapse said, “Government has announced Rs 5 lakh as ex-gratia but that would not bring my son back to life.”
The tragedy befell when Zahid, who used to go to get the goods for his belt shop in the morning, decided to go in the evening. The father-son duo was crossing the bridge when a part of it fell throwing them on the road.
Narrating his ordeal, Siraj said, “During the fall, my son hit the divider on the road. Following which people helped us out and we took Zahid to the hospital. He was declared dead on arrival.”
“BMC or Railway, whoever is responsible for this should be brought to justice,” said Siraj.
As many as six people were killed and 36 others injured in the incident after a portion of a foot overbridge near Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai collapsed earlier this evening. (ANI)